Amongst many notable ‘firsts’, the Johns Hopkins University was the first to identify broccoli sprouts, cabbage, brussel sprouts and cauliflower as an especially rich source of the cancer-fighting compound sulforaphane and to discover that Oltipraz, a compound found in the same vegetables offered protection for the body from the effects of radiation therapy for cancer… Their medical bulletins are taken very seriously. Read this carefully. You may save a life…
The Johns Hopkins University opened in 1876 in Baltimore as America’s first research university. Their hospital opened in 1889, followed by the University’s School of Medicine, revolutionising medical practice, teaching, and research. Over the years, the university and hospital have become a household name throughout the world for medical research and excellence. They have 32 Nobel Prize winners. They are pioneers in research, from cancer to gene therapy. Hundreds of drugs and medical machines that we take for granted came from their researchers. A small sample of their inventions or discoveries:
- Surgical rubber gloves
- Adrenalin, heparin, renal dialysis
- Silica gel
- Water purification by chlorination
- Discovery of vitamin D and its role in preventing rickets
- Developed the “blue baby” operation to correct congenital heart defects
- The first implantable, rechargeable pacemaker
- The defribillating machine ushering in a new era in heart surgery
- The polio vaccine
- Oral rehydration therapy.
They have worked on a simple urine test to aid in early detection of cancer and a new form of Vitamin D as a possible anti-cancer drug. They were the first to identify broccoli sprouts, cabbage, brussel sprouts and cauliflower as an especially rich source of the cancer-fighting compound sulforaphane and to discover that Oltipraz, a compound found in the same vegetables offered protection for the body from the effects of radiation therapy for cancer.
Their medical bulletins are taken very seriously. Read this carefully. You may save a life. “After years of saying that chemotherapy is the only way to try (try is the key word) and eliminate cancer, John Hopkins is now telling you that there is an alternative way ”
This was the cancer update from John Hopkins: Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable size. Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person’s lifetime. When the person’s immune system is strong the cancer cells will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumors.
When a person has cancer it indicates multiple nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors. To overcome the multiple deficiencies, changing diet and including supplements will strengthen the immune system. Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly growing cancer cells and also destroys rapidly growing healthy cells in the body and cause organ damage. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation often reduce tumor size. However, prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumor destruction.
When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is either compromised or destroyed, hence the person can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy. Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other sites. One of the most effective ways to either prevent or battle cancer is to starve the cancer cells by not feeding them with the foods they need to multiply. Cancer cells feed on:
- Sugar – By cutting off sugar,one important food supply to the cancer cells is gone. Sugar substitutes like Nutrasweet, Equal, , etc are made with Aspartame and this is equally harmful. A better natural substitute would be honey or molasses but in very small amounts.
- Table salt – It has a chemical added to make it white in colour. A better alternative is sea salt.
- Milk – It causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting with unsweetened soya milk, cancer cells are starved.
- Meat – A meat-based diet is acidic. Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are particularly harmful to people with cancer. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines becomes putrified and leads to more toxic buildup. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. Meat protein requires a lot of digestive enzymes. By refraining from eating meat these enzymes are freed to attack the protein walls of cancer cells instead.
- Caffeine – Avoid coffee, tea and chocolate, which have high caffeine. Green tea is a good alternative and has anti-cancer properties. The best drink will always be purified or filtered water.
- Plastic – Dioxin chemicals in plastic cause cancer, especially breast cancer. Don’t freeze your plastic bottles with water in them and do not use plastic containers to heat food in the microwave. The combination of fats, high hear and plastics releases dioxins into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body. Try using glass, pyrex or ceramic containers.
Ward off cancer by:
- Following a diet made of 80 per cent fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20 per cent can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).
- Making sure you get your vitamins and minerals. Some help to build up the immune system and anti-oxidants in fruits and raw vegetables enable the body’s own killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Some supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body’s normal method of disposing damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.
- Exercising daily. Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Exercise and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen therapy is another way to destroy cancer cells.